What is it about getting married that seems to mystify the general public?
Without fail, couples getting married have to endure some pretty awkward (and annoying) questions from the friends, co-workers, and overly friendly cashiers around them.
Maybe it’s the years of glamorized wedding on television, or simply the key to Pandora’s box…
Either way, we rounded up our favorite marriage questions for your personal enjoyment…
- “Your sex life is over.” What is about marriage that makes people think all the passion is gone? If anything, it’s the exact opposite. Having a good sex life is about your relationship, not your marriage.
- “I’ve got a good divorce lawyer…” Why does this person even bother? Not only is this comment incredibly rude, it’s incredibly common.
- “When are you having kids?” Not everyone gets married to have kids. Whether you want children or not, this comment is an easy way to enrage anyone who’s engaged.
- “I always thought you’d end up with [enter name here]…” This normally comes from that family friend, an old room mate, or that cousin who thinks she knows more about your life than you do.
- “Are you taking his/her horrible last name?” This one is especially annoying. First off, they don’t have to hold the name IF you decide to take it. Second, why does the whole name-taking process have to be such a big point of conversation anyway?
Getting married isn’t a walk in the park, but marriage on its own is a beautiful journey.
It’s only natural that our friends and family will ask hundreds of annoying questions.
Believe it or not, it’s how they express interest and show love.
How many of these questions have you been asked already?
Tell in a comment.